Cytoplan’s new Borage/Starflower Oil contains 500mg of borage/starflower oil per capsule providing excellent levels of GLA at a minimum of 19% (95mg GLA). Borage/starflower oil is high in fatty acids including the essential omega-6 fatty acid LA and the non-essential omega-6 fatty acid GLA (borage/starflower oil has a higher content of GLA compared to evening primrose oil).
- Borage/starflower oil is high in fatty acids including the omega-6 fatty acid LA and GLA
- Many women choose to supplement with GLA around the time of their period or during the menopause
- GLA is metabolised in the body to prostaglandins, which regulate many body functions such as blood pressure, the reproductive cycle and the immune system
- Although the body can produce GLA directly from LA, sometimes the conversion may not be very efficient for several reasons
- Essential fatty acids are as important for us as vitamins and minerals, but not all essential fatty acids can be made in the body, so must be obtained from our food or by supplementation
- Cytoplan Borage oil is free from Pyrrolizidine alkaloids (PA’s)